Wednesday, June 1, 2011

And the Usual Stuff..!



"I am so sorry honey that I am again late” This was the 1st thing he could say once he entered home.

“You know what hon; this is not something which is not erratic and now even I am used to it. It’s fine. It hardly affects me now. Any way how was the party? You must have had too much fun that you had forgotten that we had plans?” I was already irritated with this behavior. I mean for how long one can take this over and over.

“No babe, it’s not like that. Let me at least clarify it and give reasoning” and I was all set to hear a new story with so many lies in luminous background. I couldn’t really understand that how much time it would take him to understand that he actually cannot lie to a journalist-to-be as I wouldn’t take any time to find the truth out.

“There was this one bad omen so I could not leave the place early. I had to stay there for longer.” He tried his best to make sense.

I smiled and moved toward kitchen to clean dishes.

“Man, how you always figure out my lies? Hey, you already had food?” He sounded amazed.

“Yeah, I had and now I think I just started knowing you so well.”  How predictable things become I thought.  

12 comments:

  1. He sounds so predicable. And kind of not a nice guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some omens just don't pay off.He's a poor liar, or maybe journalists have known many to not detect a new lie.

    Nice post.

    Cheers,
    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's not a nice guy I hope she figures that out and saves herself. Great story

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lie in love is not a good thing to have, it will ruin a relationship in the long run. Nice story combining those three words. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice story. Beautiful wielding of the words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My 3WW: http://verseinanutshell.wordpress.com/2011/06/02/dare/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phew, stalemate, perhaps - I like the way you got the three little words in !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. But this girl loves him too much, just too much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes a lesson is important.
    And I want this to be just a story and not a reality for some one.

    ~Harsha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that this story is so realistic (real life?) and your use of the words. He certainly doesn't come off as trustworthy does he?

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice piece written here and well expressed..! Enjoyed reading..!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks..! I'm glad you all liked it..! :)

    ReplyDelete